Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Umbraco Hosting

Almost every other day I get asked where should I host my Umbraco Site? Or I've just joined XXX hosting company and Umbraco doesn't work.

There are loads of guides and tutorials on the net about how to get Umbraco working on your host, normally these guides have common traits such as make sure you have the correct permissions set and check the hosting runs their websites in Full Trust.

If you want to skip all that hassle then I highly recommend softsyshosting I currently host over 10 Umbraco sites with them and their support system has always been awesome (along with their prices).

In New Zealand (where I am from) I highly recommend Net24 (for speed and reliability), I also run a few Umbraco sites here and again there service and systems are pretty good (as long as you don't need weekend support). Net24 runs Plesk so you'll need to search Google for "Plesk and Umbraco installation" and you shouldn't have any issues.

No comments: